About The Appeal…
Formerly known as The Bishop’s Appeal
Our Diocese is a microcosm of the world, with 126 diverse parishes benefiting from the resources provided by our diocesan pastoral center. Your Diocesan Appeal gift will impact the spiritual life of Catholics throughout our 14 county area. Through your annual gift, in partnership with your parish and the Diocese of Albany, we will be able to continue to serve you and our faith communities through prayer and worship resources and an array of ministries and programs that ensure the perpetuation of our Catholic faith.
Among those who benefit from your gifts to the Diocesan Appeal include:
- People who are poor, homeless, living at the margins of society
- Senior citizens needing care, companionship, love and dignity
- Young people in Catholic schools and religious education programs
- Families wracked by poverty, domestic violence and substance abuse
- Young single mothers who need help raising their children and finding a job
- Men and women called to a vocation to the priesthood or consecrated life
- Those seeking to serve in the diaconate or as lay ministers
The Diocesan Appeal also serves your local parish by providing services such as technical support, financial guidance, and training for parish ministry.
A parish may keep 50% of any amount raised above and beyond its appeal goal.
A dollar back in 1955 is worth $8.46 today. The cost of building the Kingdom of God has grown proportionately over the decades. Every gift to the Diocesan Appeal no matter the amount makes a difference in the lives of others.
Imagine how many people in need could be helped if every Catholic household made a gift continuing the tradition of generosity and care begun by our forbearers in faith.